What is EndNote?
- Software used to store and organize citation information when authoring articles or writing research papers
- Used to insert citations and create bibliographies in the writing style of your choice (APA, a specific journal publication, etc.)
- EndNote is free to faculty, staff and students of Wayne State University with authentication
How Do You Download EndNote?
- Requires using your WSU Access ID (e.g. ab1234) and password
Downloading Citations from PubMed
- While in Pubmed, select your citations and save to Clipboard
- Go to Clipboard, click Send To ... File
- Select Format MEDLINE, click Create File
- Select Save, and save to Desktop
- Open EndNote Program
- Go to menu File, select Import ... File
- Choose pubmed_result.txt on your Desktop and Open
- Select Import Option "PubMed (NLM)"
- If it's not showing, go to "Other Filters", locate and click Choose
- Click Import, and your citations should appear in EndNote
More info on EndNote: How to Use EndNote
EndNote Technical Help