AccessPharmacy "Custom Curriculum" is available for faculty to create and manage their curricula, creating interactive learning modules for their students using McGraw Hill Access materials.
Micromedex & Clinical Pharmacology provide mobile access. Visit Shiffman Mobile for detail instructions.
Major eBook Collectons for You:
- McGraw-Hill Medical: Access all McGraw-Hill products we subscribe (including AccessMedicine, AccessPharmacy, AccessSurgery, AccessAnesthesiology)
Note: You can use your mobile device to view all textbooks.
Search Library Catalog for books, dvds, journals, etc.
NEW UpToDate SUBSCRIPTION BRINGS CHANGES FOR WSU USERS
WSU UpToDate (U2D) users mustregister and create a personal username and password to access UpToDate. There is no cost to register. Your personal registration provides a free UpToDate Mobile App for up to two mobile devices and access to U2D from any computer.
Complete the one-time registration by launching UpToDate from the Shiffman Library webpage to take advantage of all of the benefits this new subscription has to offer.
Re-verification of your affiliation may be required and can be completed by logging into U2D from the Shiffman Library website either onsite or through ezproxy once every thirty days.
See more instructions here: http://lgdata.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/docs/692/841246/UptoDate.pdf
UptoDate app available! Download mobile app to access UpToDate® from your mobile device via Apple Store (for iPhone® and iPad®) or Google Play (for Android™). Windows8 tablet user can download from Windows Store icon on your Windows8 start screen.
- Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach - Joseph T. DiPiro
- AHFS Drug Information 2014 - American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Basic & Clinical Pharmacology - Bertram Katzung
- Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics - Laurence L. Brunton
- Harrison's Principles of Iinternal Medicine
- Pharmaceutical Care Practice: The Clinician's Guide - Robert Cipolle
- Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach
- Principles of Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics
- More from AccessPharmacy.
- Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology
- BMC neurology
- The Lancet neurology
- Current medical research and opinion
- Women's health
- Annals of pharmacotherapy
- Toxicology and applied pharmacology
- Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy AAC
- U.S. Pharmacist
- Journal of antimicrobial chemotherapy
- Clinical Infectious Diseases
- AccessMedicine (Books on medicine and pharmacy & more)
- AccessPharmacy (Books on core pharmacy curriculum & more)
- Clinical Key (Clinical journals, books, drug information & more)
- Clinical Pharmacology (Comprehensive drug info, gold standard. Note: Get an Access Code for mobile access from email@example.com)
- Cochrane Library (Systematic reviews & more)
- Micromedex healthcare series (Comprehensive drug info, & more. Building access only; contains RED BOOK ONLINE which has average wholesale pricing information)
- Medical Letter (Provide unbiased, reliable and timely information on new drugs and on the treatments of choice for major indications)
- Natural Standard (Complementary & alternative medicine)
- PubMed@Wayne (bimedical literature)
- SciFinder (chemical literature & chemical related patents)
- Scopus ( Literature on drugs, science, medicine, etc. with results analysis tool)
- UptoDate Online (Expert topic reviews, drug interactions and monographs)
- Web of Science (literature on science, medicicine, etc. results analysis tool, cited references & more)
Things to Remember
Use your WSU Access ID & password for off campus access to the library resources.
Start at this Timesaver or Shiffman Medical Library website for your study and research. Do NOT use PIPELINE to access library resources, as PIPELINE might disable some features.
Use "360 Link to Full Text" to obtain full text articles.
When searching WSULS catalog or Research Warrior, click "Get It" (catalog) or " " (Research Warrior) to request the book(s) to be delivered to the Applebaum LRC for you to pickup.
Henry Stewart Talks: A collection of online seminars by world experts in biomedical and life sciences as well as marketing and management fields. Search Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical will get a list of relevant topics.
- Goodman & Gilman's Animations (Hemostasis: Antiplatelet, Anticoagulant, and Thrombolytic Drugs, Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pharmacology & Neuropharmacology)
- Virtual Cases with video, interactive decision-making, and quizzes that lead users through sample diagnoses and treatment regimens.
- FDA Patient Safety News
- Goodman & Gilman's Grand Rounds (from Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 11e.)
- Harrison's Online (Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging, Atherosclerosis, Percutaneous Revascularization, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy)
What Can I do for You
- National Institutes of Health reporting policies
- Journal impact factors
- Funding sources
- Request assistance with a literature search or EndNote reference management software
- Learn to effectively search PubMed, Cochrane Library, Scopus, and other research support tools
- Find expertise across most disciplines at WSU using ResearchConnect
- Stay current through RSS feeds or email alerts
- Create a digital CV via ORCID etc.
- Conduct literature searching, find journal ranks, verification of incomplete or incorrect citations, etc.
- Provide onsite assistance on request
Course Integrated Instruction
- Work with faculty to develop course integrated workshops
- Provide orientations, individual instruction
- Creating a library resource guide to be linked via Blackboard
- Helping clarify copyright issues, etc.
- Work with faculty to provide eAccess to core materials that support research and teaching
Create a Timesaver (Guide) for a department or course.