Welcome to the Legal Reference Tools Guide!
This guide covers selected sources of factual and statistical information about law and the legal profession. Use the tabs (above) or the table of contents (right) to access these materials.
These sources are a great starting place for:
- an overview of legal systems
- an introduction to the legal profession
- helping to identify legal practitioners
- gathering background information about a lawyer or judge
- locating statistical information about the profession and legal industry
- getting started with legal research sources
Check with the reference desk, use the guides or search the catalog for additional sources. Please consult a librarian for advice, strategies and sources specific to your research.