Chat or Email
- UGL/Undergraduate: 313-577-8852
- Purdy/Kresge: 313-577-642
Send email to Paul Beavers, philosophy liaison
WSU Department of Philosophy
5057 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48202
ph: (313) 577-2474
fax: (313) 577-2077
contact: Robert Yanal , Chair
About the Department
The Wayne State University Philosophy Department boasts a distinguished and ongoing tradition of pursuing analytic philosophy in a spirited, lively, and productive fashion. The Philosophy Department offers courses of study leading to the B.A. degree with a major or a minor in Philosophy, at the undergraduate level, and the M.A. and Ph.D. degrees, at the graduate level.
Welcome to the guide for philosophy.
I hope that you will find this guide a useful starting place for your research in philosophy. I have assembled a core collection of resources available through the Wayne State University Library System, as well as high quality, freely available web resources. This guide is a collaborative work-in-progress, developed with the suggestions and feedback from students and faculty in ther Philosophy Department.
I am available by appointment to assist students and faculty with research related to philosophy. You may also contact me to schedule research workshops for classes or to suggest items for purchase.
Librarian Liaison for philosophy.
The guide consists of several pages (tabs) detailing our resources in these areas:
- Articles and Databases concerning the WSU bibliographic databases with which articles on philosophy can be identified
- Online Journals concerning the retrieval of online articles
- Print Journals concerning the WSU print journal collection
- Books concerning the WSU book collection on philosophy as well as the availability of additional books through interlibrary loan
- Reference Works concerning encyclopedias and dictionaries of philosophy available in the WSU collections
- Web Sites offering a collection of web links to philosophy related sites beyond WSU
- Videos offering a compendium of videos concerning library research and philosophy.
Please take a few moments and express your opinions.
I am paticularly interested in anything you hoped to find in this guide that was not provided.
I am also interested in your recommendations for links to resources in philosophy beyond the WSU campus.