Welcome from Shiffman Medical Library
The Vera P. Shiffman Medical Library welcomes the residents of WSU Graduate Medical Education Program. We want you to know that the Library offers both virtual and physical sites within easy reach, a robust web presence and a professional staff ready to help in your search for information. Our dedicated and competent liasion librarians and staff are committed to providing service excellence and wish you worry-free, seamless information discovery.
Things to Remember:
- Start at the Shiffman Medical Library website for your academic, research and clinical information needs.
- Bookmark Shiffman's website - http://www.lib.wayne.edu/shiffman.
- Do NOT use PIPELINE to access library resources, as PIPELINE might disable some features.
- Your WSU Access ID and password (different from your SOM ID). The WSU Access ID contains 2 letters and 4 numbers e.g. ab1234) - to locate your Access ID, conduct a people search in the WSU Online Directory.
- Use the following link to reset your WSU Access ID password.
- PUBMED@WAYNE is the best MEDLINE interface for searching the medical literature:
- Access WSULS's collection of full-text articles immediately
- Request additonal articles using the 360 Link to Full-Text feature
Shiffman Librarians Can Help
- Research support - get full text articles, set up RSS feeds and email alerts, get your publications into the Open Access Digital Commons @Wayne, answer Endnote or SciVal (formerly Collexis) questions
- Information seeking - conduct literature searching, find journal rankings, verify incomplete or incorrect citations, etc.
- Teaching assistance - librarians provide course integrated workshops, orientations, individual instruction, create research guides linked via Blackboard, and help with copyright issues
- Collection development - suggest purchase of new resources, provide e-platform to highlight frequently used journals or books, etc.
Now available at Shiffman Medical Library