NEW UpToDate SUBSCRIPTION BRINGS CHANGES FOR WSU USERS
Effective immediately, WSU UpToDate users must register and create a personal username and password to access UpToDate. There is no cost to register. Your new personal registration provides:
- A free UpToDate Mobile App for up to two mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows phone and tablet.
- Continued fast easy access to UpToDate from any computer that you’ve come to expect at home, the office, or wherever you are.
UptoDate app available! Download mobile app to access UpToDate® from your mobile device via Apple Store (for iPhone® and iPad®) or Google Play (for Android™). Windows8 tablet user can download from Windows Store icon on your Windows8 start screen.
Micromedex & Clinical Pharmacology provide mobile access. Visit Shiffman Mobile for detail instructions.
Major Health Sciences eBook Collectons:
Search Library Catalog for books, dvds, journals, etc.
Things to Remember
Use your WSU Access ID & password for off campus access to the library resources.
Start at this Timesaver or Shiffman Medical Library website for your study and research. Do NOT use PIPELINE to access library resources, as PIPELINE might disable some features.
Use "360 Link to Full Text" to obtain full text articles.
When searching WSULS catalog or Research Warrior, click "Get It" (catalog) or " " (Research Warrior) to request the book(s) to be delivered to the Applebaum LRC for you to pickup.
Scan to access the mobile version of this guide with your Smartphone.
Get What You Need
WSU OneCard: Use OneCard for library items checkout, materials copying or printing, parking, food and bookstore purchases, etc.
WSU OneCard Savings Program (Show your card and save on entertainment, dining, hotels and more)
- To access library resources remotely
- To view "My Library Account",
- To request books from other locations to be delivered to the Applebaum LRC (Get It),
- To order journal articles or books,
- To access Shiffman computing facility
- To use Blackboard and Pipeline.
Many licensed library resources (ex. online journals, databases & more) are accessible to Wayne State students, faculty, and staff off-campus. To access resources remotely, go to Shiffman website and click the link and then login using your WSU AccessID & password for authentication.
If you experience any problems see if they are addressed on the EZproxy FAQ.
Ask for help School of Medicine users: firstname.lastname@example.org | 313-577-1094
Applebaum LRC Virtual Tour
Library Resources & Services
259 Mack @ John R
Suite 330, Detroit, MI 48201
On-site: Rachelle LaPorte
Mon. - Fri.
- Research support (e.g. scholarly collaboration & manuscript submission for NIH funding as well as WSU DigitalCommons, systematic review literature search, find experts in a field using bibliographic metrics tools, citations formatting using Endnote)
- Literature search
- Curriculum-support workshops
- Create a LibGuide for your department or a target group of students or faculty
- Onsite consultations
- Order required books or subscribe core journals or databases to support your teaching and research
- Endnote support
- Contact us:
Information Service Desk
Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
#58 by US News Ranking 2012