Welcome from Shiffman Medical Library
The Vera P. Shiffman Medical Library welcomes the residents of WSU Graduate Medical Education Program. We want you to know that the Library offers both virtual and physical sites within easy reach, a robust web presence and a professional staff ready to help in your search for information. Our dedicated and competent liasion librarians and staff are committed to providing service excellence and we wish you worry-free, seamless information discovery.
Shiffman Medical Library - Always start at the library website. It’s your portal to seamlessly accessing library resources. Bookmark it. Use it on campus. Use it at home and off campus. Do NOT use Pipeline to access Library Services.
Essential-to-use library services (activate and verify all your WSU accounts first):
- Know your WSU AccessID (e.g. ab1234). All library services require this important credential.
- Verify your WSU Access in the WSU Directory
- Activate your WSU email (e.g. email@example.com). You can also forward this email to your SOM email and create an alias (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org to match your SOM email – e.g. email@example.com)
Note: Voluntary (non-WSU paid) faculty need to email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Liaison Librarian first.
- Don’t know your password? Check here to reset password
- Check My Library Account (has info about articles you request, WSU and MeL books checked out, due dates, etc.)
- Activate your ILLiad account – used for books not owned by WSU and back up for some article requests)
- Get your WSU OneCard – used to check out books at any WSU library
Use PubMed@Wayne – Primary search interface for MEDLINE biomedical & scientific literature; has links to WSU-licensed resources and ordering system
- Full text articles instantly with WSU ArticleLinker
- Order full text articles — ArticleReach; also accessed through
- Use PubMed tools such as MyNCBI to organize and save citations, searches, download references to EndNote, get email updates or RSS feed for journal table-of-contents (TOC)
Library Catalog — search for WSU owned or licensed print or electronic materials: books, journals, videos, etc.
- - Print books delivered to Shiffman Library or Applebaum LRC (FAQ)
Shiffman Librarians Can Help
- Research support - get full text articles, set up RSS feeds and email alerts, get your publications into the Open Access Digital Commons @Wayne, answer Endnote or SciVal (formerly Collexis) questions
- Information seeking - conduct literature searching, find journal rankings, verify incomplete or incorrect citations, etc.
- Teaching assistance - librarians provide course integrated workshops, orientations, individual instruction, create research guides linked via Blackboard, and help with copyright issues
- Collection development - suggest purchase of new resources, provide e-platform to highlight frequently used journals or books, etc.
Now available at Shiffman Medical Library