Welcome from Shiffman Medical Library
Vera P. Shiffman Medical Library welcomes the Residents of the WSU Graduate Medical Education Program. We want you to know that the Library offers both virtual and physical sites within easy reach, a robust web presence and a professional staff ready to help in your search for information. Our dedicated and competent Liasion Librarians and professional staff are committed to providing service excellence.
Shiffman Medical Library - Always start at the library's website. It’s your portal for seamless access to library resources. Bookmark it. Use it on campus. Use it at home and off campus. Do NOT use Pipeline to access Library Services.
- Know your WSU AccessID (e.g. ab1234). All library services require this important credential.
- Locate your WSU AccessID in the WSU Directory
- Don’t know your password? Check here to reset password
- Check My Library Account (has info about articles you request, WSU and MeL books checked out, due dates, etc.)
- Activate your ILLiad account – used for books not owned by WSU and back up for some article requests)
- Get your WSU OneCard – used to check out books at any WSU library
Shiffman Librarians Can Help
- Research support - get full text articles, set up RSS feeds and email alerts, get your publications into the Open Access Digital Commons @Wayne, answer Endnote or SciVal (formerly Collexis) questions
- Information seeking - conduct literature searching, find journal rankings, verify incomplete or incorrect citations, etc.
- Teaching assistance - librarians provide course integrated workshops, orientations, individual instruction, create customized research guides linked via Blackboard, and help with copyright issues
- Collection development - suggest purchase of new resources, provide e-platform to highlight frequently used journals or books, etc.
Now available at Shiffman Medical Library