Comparing popular and scholarly health articles
Each of the following health-related news stories is based on the paired research article. Consider the following:
- Does the popular article accurately represent the source material? Why or why not?
- Do you think you could find the research article based on the information given in the popular article?
Look for the following:
- Names of authors or researchers involved in the study
- The title of the publication where the research article appeared
- A link to the research article (if you're lucky!)
Article pair 1