Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chat or Email
Undergraduate (UGL): 313-577-8852
Arthur Neef Law: 313-577-6180
Shiffman Medical: 313-577-1094
About this Guide
This guide outlines Wayne State University Libraries' resources available to researchers studying social work related issues.
The guide consists of several pages (tabs) detailing our resources in these areas:
- Article Databases - Large collections of articles searchable by keyword, subject, article title and more.
- Databases and web sites for specific aspects of social work
- Online Journals - List of electronic journals and means to search for specific articles
- Encyclopedias and reference sources - Key online and print works, great for background information
- Web sites relating to the field of social work - Organizations, federal and state government resources
NASW Code of Ethics
NASW Code of Ethics
Read the NASW Code of Ethics online.
The NASW Code of Ethics is intended to serve as a guide to the everyday professional conduct of social workers.
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) by
Call Number: e-Book, WSU access id/password required
Publication Date: 2013-05-22
This new edition of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5T), used by clinicians and researchers to diagnose and classify mental disorders, is the product of more than 10-plus years of effort by hundreds of international experts in all aspects of mental health.
Social Workers Desk Reference
Social Workers' Desk Reference by
Publication Date: 2015-01-01
This third edition serves as a comprehensive guide to social work practice by providing the most recent conceptual knowledge and empirical evidence to aid in the understanding of the rapidly changing field of social work. Each chapter is short and contains practical information in addition to websites and updated references.