Welcome from Shiffman Medical Library
Start at the Shiffman Medical Library website for your academic, research and clinical information needs. Our team of dedicated and skillful liasion librarians and staff are committed to providing service excellence.
Things to Remember:
- Bookmark Shiffman's website - http://www.lib.wayne.edu/shiffman.
- Do NOT use PIPELINE to access library resources, as PIPELINE might disable some features.
- Your WSU Access ID and password (different from your SOM ID). The WSU Access ID contains 2 letters and 4 numbers e.g. ab1234) - to locate your Access ID, conduct a people search in the WSU Online Directory.
- Use the following link to reset your WSU Access ID password.
- PUBMED@WAYNE is the best MEDLINE interface for searching the medical literature:
- Access WSULS's collection of full-text articles immediately
- Request additonal articles using the 360 Link to Full-Text feature
Shiffman Librarians Can Help
- Research support - get full text articles, set up RSS feeds and email alerts, get your publications into the Open Access Digital Commons @Wayne, answer Endnote or SciVal (formerly Collexis) questions
- Information seeking - conduct literature searching, find journal rankings, verify incomplete or incorrect citations, etc.
- Teaching assistance - librarians provide course integrated workshops, orientations, individual instruction, create research guides linked via Blackboard, and help with copyright issues
- Collection development - suggest purchase of new resources, provide e-platform to highlight frequently used journals or books, etc.
Now available at Shiffman Medical Library