Your Subject Specialist librarian is here to support your research, teaching and student learning. Contact your Subject Specialist Librarian with questions or if you need assistance with resources, library instruction or student research support.
Use this chat box to talk to a librarian 24x7 - or click on Help anytime on the library homepage.
Send us an email anytime, we'll get back to you between 9 AM - 5 PM, Mon - Fri.
Your Subject Specialist Librarian can provide synchronous and asynchronous course and assignment-aligned instruction to support your learning goals in your course. Please complete this form or contact your Subject Specialist Librarian directly to arrange for instruction.
Topics can include:
- Database and internet search strategies, beginning to advanced
- Approaches for critically evaluating resources and understanding notions of authority
- How to identify and locate specific types of resources (primary sources, literature reviews, empirical articles, statistics, etc.)
- How to obtain materials not available at Wayne State (MeL, Interlibrary Loan, etc.)
- How to effectively navigate the library website and physical collections.
- Citation styles and using bibliographic management tools (e.g.,RefWorks)
Your Canvas course site has a curated library research guide created by your Subject Specialist librarian, accesible through the Library Resources link in your Canvas course navigation menu.