Your Subject Librarian is here to support your research, teaching and student learning. Contact your Subject Librarian with questions or if you need assistance with resources, library instruction or student research support.
Use this message us button to talk to a librarian 24x7 - or click on Help anytime on the library homepage.
Send us an email anytime, we'll get back to you between 9 AM - 5 PM, Mon - Fri.
Your Subject Librarian can provide synchronous and asynchronous course and assignment-aligned instruction to support your learning goals in your course. Please complete this form or contact your Subject Librarian directly to arrange for instruction.
Topics can include:
- Database and internet search strategies, beginning to advanced
- Approaches for critically evaluating resources and understanding notions of authority
- How to identify and locate specific types of resources (primary sources, literature reviews, empirical articles, statistics, etc.)
- How to obtain materials not available at Wayne State (MeL, Interlibrary Loan, etc.)
- How to effectively navigate the library website and physical collections.
- Citation styles and using bibliographic management tools such as Zotero, RefWorks, and EndNote.
Your Canvas course site has a curated library research guide created by your Subject Librarian, accesible through the Library Resources link in your Canvas course navigation menu.
You can also direct students to the Research Guides page for help with disciplinary research, citation styles, and more. If you would like a custom guide created for your course or to support an assignment, please contact your Subject Librarian.
There are several library resource and research skill modules available in the Canvas Commons, which you can integrate directly into your Canvas course site. Login to Canvas, select the Canvas Commons and search wsuls.