Using the Guide
The guide consists of several pages (tabs) detailing our resources in these areas:
- Getting Started: Welcome, links to the College of Engineering and its departments, links to other relevant guides, how to contact the subject librarian.
- Article Databases: Online resources and tutorials for finding abstracts and full-text of articles from citation information (title, author, journal,...). Links to specialized online resources in Engineering.
- Journals: Information on WSU journal holdings (both online and print). Journal rankings, acceptance rates, and impact factors.
- Books: Finding books in the WSU system and beyond. New/featured books. How to set up alerts for new books.
- Reference Works: Handbooks, encyclopedia, dictionaries, and specialized online reference resources in Engineering.
Other Relevant Guides
Research Design and Analysis Unit
This unit will provide assistance with the design of research projects and the statistical analysis of data. The service is available free of charge to Wayne State University faculty, staff, post-doctoral students, and graduate students.
The unit is located at 5057 Woodward Ave, Room 8402.3. Consultation is available by appointment. To schedule an appointment, contact the service by telephone at (313) 577-9992 or e-mail at RDAUnit@wayne.edu.
The Research Design and Analysis Unit is staffed by WSU's Department of Psychology, and funded by Computing and Information Technology, the Office of the Vice President for Research, and the Office of the Provost