EndNote Technical Support is available 24/7
Note there may be extended wait times Saturday and Sunday due to decreased staffing:
By phone: +1-800-336-4474
Press 4, Press 2 (Research Solutions), Press 1 (Research Solutions), Press 1 for Endnote
EndNote Online is a Web-based reference organizer and collaboration tool that can be used alone or in combination with EndNote Desktop.
EndNote Online allows you to:
EndNote Online: Basic and Premium
The number of features available to you in EndNote Online will depend on how you have created and configured your EndNote Online account, and whether you have a licensed version of EndNote Desktop software.
EndNote Online with Web of Science
EndNote Online is a freely available cloud-based app to anyone. Current WSU students, faculty, and staff can access additional features and benefits in EndNote Online by connecting it to their Web of Science (WoS) account.
To create an EndNote Online with WoS account:
1. You must be using the campus internet or logged into the WSU VPN to proceed.
2. Open the WSU library licensed Web of Science database.
3. Select Register to create a Web of Science personal account, or Sign In to your existing Web of Science personal account. (This account is a personal account in the Web of Science database and is not linked to your WSU AccessID and Password.)
4. Select Products from the top navigation bar, then select EndNote.
5. Log in with your Web of Science personal account.
Anytime/anywhere roaming access is kept active only by signing into Web of Science from a WSU IP authenticated computer or via WSU VPN at least once every six months. In order to keep your Roaming access active, you are required to log in to Web of Science from a WSU IP-authenticated computer every six months to verify that you are an authorized user. Once you activate your roaming access, you can access Web of Science and EndNote online off-campus.
EndNote Online Basic
EndNote Online Basic is a free cloud-based citation management app available to anyone.
To create your EndNote Online Basic account.
1. Go to myendnoteweb.com
2. Select Register to create your account
Your account is created and you can begin using EndNote Basic Online
Video Link: EndNote Online Essentials
Video Link: Class Clips: EndNote Online Playlist
EndNote Online Premium is available to users who have a licensed version of EndNote desktop software and have connected their EndNote Online account to their EndNote desktop account via Sync.
To create your EndNote Online Premium account from EndNote 20.
1. Open the EndNote program on your computer
2. Select Sync Status from the left menu
3. Select the Sync Now button in the upper right area of the screen.
4. You will be prompted to either create a new EndNote Online account*, or login to your preexisting EndNote online account.
Syncing your EndNote online and EndNote desktop application provides free 2 year access to EndNote Premium Online. After you leave WSU, the Premium access will expire after the 2 year access (this timetable resets whenever you download an update to the EndNote Desktop), and your online account will revert EndNote Online Basic. Any references/file attachments that are already uploaded in EndNote Online will remain there, but syncing or adding references beyond the EndNote Basic limit of 50,000 references/2 GB of attachments will not be allowed.
This EndNote Feature Comparison Chart details the differences between EndNote 20 Desktop, EndNote Online Premium, EndNote Online Basic and EndNote Online with Web of Science (current WSU students, faculty, and staff only).
If you would like to upgrade to EndNote Online Premium, you can purchase EndNote desktop application from Wayne State at a discount. Go to the Purchase EndNote section of this guide for more information on purchasing EndNote.